Monday, November 1, 2010

Letters from the past

Several months ago, my mom gave me a cardboard box of all things Kristy. It included my Kindergarten workbooks, several school projects, lots of report cards, and a few random items.

Today, I finally transferred it all into a big Rubbermaid box so that it would stack easily in the garage. And as much as I wanted to look at everything single thing, I just didn't have the time. But one envelope with the word "Mom" scrawled on it grabbed my attention and I opened it to see what was there. Here's what I found: (I'm guessing I might have been an early teenager?? Mom??)

Mother Dear,

I just wanted to let you know that I have, in fact, done something useful today! For example:

1. Made 55 cookies
2. Washed all dishes whether they be mine or someone else's
3. Folded 1 load of clothes
4. Ran dishwasher
5. Made 1 pitcher of tea
6. Emptied ice 1 time
7. Cleaned my room
8. Made Ryan 2 glasses of tea
9. Cleaned out my purse!
10. Put stuff in my scrapbook (you need some more rubber cement!)
11. Talked on the phone a little!

I'm not bringing up the $20 again, I'm just letting you know I can be useful!
Love,
Kris

Apparently, my mom didn't think she was getting her money's worth out of me!!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Daughter Dear,
Since this letter was lovingly placed in your KEEPSAKE BOX, your "work" accomplishments as a teenager must have been very rare and very special [and I use the term "work" loosely ... pushing the button on the dishwasher and making 2 glasses of tea does not WORK make]!
Love,
Mom

Kristy said...

Gah ... not feelin the love Mom!!!

What about Ryan??? Why can't he make his own dadgum tea???

deneise said...

that is FUNNY stuff!! seriously, why the heck were you getting ryan tea??? what a servant's heart you have!!

Marla said...

Haha, that just made me chuckle. As did your mom's response. :)

deneise said...

needed a giggle, so i reread this...i'm pretty sure my favorite part is the RUBBER CEMENT!!! i didn't think anyone actually used that stuff!! (well, except at GBC!)