Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mastering the Self-Portrait

I've been given a little trouble lately about the serious neglect of the blog and I would have to agree. I thought I'd jump back into the bloggy world with a fun post about myself and one of my favorite people.

Deneise and I had the awesome privilege to take a weekend trip to Seattle back in May. And while the pictures and stories of that trip will have to wait for another time, we did have a really fun time trying to master the art of the self-portrait. (Is portrait really the right word for this??!) I have seen many a person reach their arm out to take a picture of themselves, usually with very good results. I have seen MANY a picture on a blog or facebook where it is obvious that is what is happening, again with good results.



Why Deneise or I thought we were capable of this skill escapes me, because we obviously aren't capable. Though I should say, I think I was the only one who attempted it, so maybe it's just me!!




Prepare to be amazed . . . . .




From the Space Needle . . . .

Yikes . . . .






Not exactly . . . .
Better ?? . . . .

Didn't get faces or the water in the background . . . . .






Almost . . . . we forgot to tell our faces we were taking a picture . . . . .


At least I got Deneise's glasses in this one . . . not much else though . . . .








And this one has to be my personal favorite . . . . maybe our best picture of all time . . . .










wait . . . . . .










wait . . . . . .













It was a bit windy at the top of the ol' Space Needle!!



And the most interesting part of this little story is that people were constantly passing us as we were trying to take our own picture . . . . and not one time did anyone stop to ask if they could take a pic of us!! It's a touristy place people!! If we can't work together at the top of the Space Needle to get our pictures made, where can we??



All in all, a super fun trip . . . . with a lot of funny pictures to prove it!!

No comments: