Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Piano

It is a little late to be blogging about last Christmas, but I never told the story of the greatest Christmas gift of 2010!!

Early in the Christmas season, a giant present appeared at Nana and Poppy's house. The boys had spent some time in Granbury and came home telling big stories about the biggest present ever. The problem with the biggest present ever was that it didn't have a name tag on it. And Nana's lips were sealed . . . she would tell no one who the present was for!! This led to speculation from everyone under the age of 18 that it belonged to them!!



So, we all go to Nana and Poppy's for Christmas and everyone under the age of 18 is crazy excited to see who gets the present . . . all sure it is for them!! Here's Lexie . . . hoping that it's hers!!






As the night goes on and the presents are opened, it gets to the that part of the night where everyone is down to one present. Imagine my surprise (and everyone under the age of 18) when Poppy said the present was for me!! It had never once crossed my mind that that would be mine. I had no idea whose it was, but I absolutely knew it wasn't mine . . . I had never entertained the idea. And, of course, I had no idea what it could be. My dad had built a wooden crate around it to give it some shape (so it could be wrapped) and that only confused me more!!



Here I am feeling it thinking . . . what the heck is this thing??!!

Finally, I open it and am totally shocked, but so excited!!! This is an amazing instrument and I was/am thrilled to have it!! Here's Mom, reminding me how to play it!! :)


And here she is at home now. I absolutely love playing it . . . . it brings back lots of memories from my younger days and is an amazing reliever of stress!! I love it and am so thankful for it!!

No comments: