Friday, April 27, 2012

The Special-est Olympics!

Last winter, I had the awesome opportunity to help coach our district's Special Olympic basketball team! I jumped at the chance and am so glad I did!!

Several of these amazing kiddos are in my building every day, working hard in our Transition Center.  The boys and I had so much fun practicing with these guys every week and then, after many weeks, we got to go to the competition in March.  Here's our crew, minus one sick boy. 


These three made up our 3-on-3 team and they won 2nd place!!  Way to go!!!



This guy got so excited when he made a basket or rebounded the ball, he would squeal with excitement!!  It really worked to our team's advantage at times!!  :)


Practicing the self-portrait .... can't get too much practice with that!!


Proud Winner!!!

Sweet girl ..... makes me laugh every time I see her!!!

 

The team and their medals!!


Their teacher, Mrs. Jenkins, does and AMAZING job with these kiddos.  I have been so impressed with her and with these incredible kids!!   Gooooo Jets!!

No comments: