Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weekend in the Windy City

Last weekend, I had the BEST weekend!!! I went up to Chicago to spend some time with Ryan and we had an AWESOME time!!! It was soooo fun ... I just can't say it enough!!!

This may be way too many details for you but here's how it went . . . Thursday afternoon/evening, I flew up and the second I stepped off of the plane, I could tell a huge difference in the temperature!! It was so great ... mid-60's to low-70's all weekend!!!

Friday morning, Ryan had to work for a bit so I was on my own!! I slept in, then showered and walked down the street to a local diner and had some breakfast!! Again ... perfect weather!! I had some things to mail so I walked over to the post office and got that done. I saw a salon/nail place and stopped in to see if I could get a pedi. Could I come back at noon?? Of course I could!! I had a little time to kill, so I walked over to the Library and worked/played on the computer. Then it was time for my pedi!! As I just casually walked around the town square in the nice cool air, I thought more than once . . . who am I and how did I get here?? It was like an out-of-body experience!!!

Ryan got back with the girls and we got on the train and headed to the big city!!



Random buildings!

John Hancock Building

Lights at night

Lex and Meg on the street


Eating at Gino's . . .. soooo incredible!!!

The pizza that was totally worth waiting an hour for!!! Can you say hungry???


We went and saw "the bean" . . . don't think that's the real name for it but it's a really cool piece of art that is in the shape of a bean and it's huge!! I realize now that I should have gotten a picture of the whole thing but we were too busy taking pictures of ourselves in the reflection of it!!


Here we all are with part of the city in the reflection!! Really cool thingy, it was!!

After an afternoon/evening of fun, we had to head back home. We boarded the train and here's what Ryan promptly did . . . .

After a power nap, he was good to go again!!


I have more pics to post but it will have to be later!!!

2 comments:

Shellee said...

So glad you had a great time! I haven't even talked to you since you returned...you did come back, right?

angie said...

I am jealous! I have no idea what it is like to have a free Saturday and no schedule!!! Lucky girl!