Friday, June 5, 2009

Good-bye School Year

The 2008-2009 school year is finished!! Yipeeee!!!

It was an interesting year for sure. Going back to work full-time definitely had its drawbacks, but overall, it was a very positive experience. I counted up all of my students today and if I didn't miss anyone, I saw 23 different students this year.

Here's the breakdown of stories: 8 girls had babies, 3 kids had broken legs, 2 had back surgeries, 1 had cancer, 2 had random infections, 2 they never did figure out what was wrong, 1 had a head injury, 1 had a knee injury, and 2 had more problems than I can't put into a couple of words! That leaves one that I can't think of right now!! So, as always, a variety of reasons for kids to need to be put on Homebound.

I really enjoy the job that I do. I love the fact that no two days are ever the same. I love the flexibility that comes with going different places and seeing different kids. I work with a great group of people and have a really great boss who lets me do my job and supports me however I need her to. And the biggest perk? No work in the summer!! Woo-hoo!!

We have big plans to do nothing!! With water park passes in hand, we plan to sleep late, play hard, and have lots of fun!

Bring on the summer!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

we have passes to nrh2o this year too. bring on the heat!

Anonymous said...

What is it that you do exactly?
Sounds interesting!