Monday, September 28, 2009

Darn flu!

For the first time in the history of this little family, we have the flu!!

Parker was the first to go down...started Saturday with fever and cough. When he never got out of my bed all day, I used my deductive reasoning to figure out something might not be quite right!! He ran fever most of Saturday, all of Sunday, and slept about 40 out of 48 hours from Saturday to Monday morning.

So, today started with a trip to the doctor and a flu test. I was really surprised to see that he tested positive for Influenza A. His doctor explained that 95% of people that have Type A have the Swine Flu!! Yikes!!

So, he has Tamiflu, Scott's and my doctor called us out a prescription for it, but the kids can only get the drugs once they show symptoms. So, hopefully, everyone won't get it, but realistically?? We'll see!!

As for other news, there's not much!!

Alex's team won his first game last week 34-0 over Granbury!! Very exciting, indeed!!

We might have some future Baylor Bears on our hands, thanks to my good friend, Emily. Go here and here to read about their fun! Alex found himself at the Texas A&M game on Saturday so 3 out of 4 of the boys got to watch a little college football live and in person! Poor Parker was at home with the flu!! :(

And that's about all the craziness and excitement I can come up with! Unless you count the unbelievable amount of laundry I did over the weekend. Note to self -- it never pays to NOT do laundry during the week!! And I got an amazing new IRON!! Now, that's exciting!! A good iron is an incredible thing for sure!!

That's it!! Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

Shellee said...

what amazing iron did you get???

sorry to hear Parker got the flu...no fun! Tell him we hope he feels better soon.