Tuesday, October 20, 2009

All in a day's work

I thought it might be interesting to occasionally share something that I've learned as I work with my students. Because I teach (and I use that term loosely) several different subjects, I am always being reminded of things that I remember learning when I was in school, or I am constantly learning new concepts or new ways to teach concepts.

So, this is the problem for the day. This comes from some Algebra 3 work that a student and I worked through today. Read slowly and this is totally doable!!

Find 2 consecutive natural numbers such that the difference of their reciprocals is 1/4 the reciprocal of the smaller number!!!

Let me know what you get!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

That was SO easy! :) Ok, not easy, but fun!

Kelly said...

i wish i could speak algebra. i SO don't understand what you are asking.

deneise said...

are you speaking english???

marcy said...

What the heck is Algebra 3??? I only took 1 and 2!!!

Anonymous said...

3 and 4
1/3-1/4=1/12 which is 1/4 of the reciprocal (1/3) of the smaller number 3

EASY STUFF!
Gabino

Kristy said...

Ahhh Gabino....should have known it would be easy stuff for you!!

Ever think about being a math teacher??!!

:)