Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Birthday!!!!

Belated birthday wishes go out to two of the finest people you will ever know.....my Grandma and BigPa!!

(This isn't actually at their party, but it's such a great picture!!)


Their birthdays were actually on October 2nd and October 11th and my mom and Debra gave them a surprise 79th and 80th birthday party on Sunday, the 11th! It was so fun to watch as especially BigPa was completely surprised!! Several people spoke about good memories and special times with them. I had the privilege to speak about what amazing grandparents they are to me. . . . . I once again retold the story of BigPa's cat-like reflexes as he squashed a mouse (or rat, depending on who's telling the story!!) in my garage a few years back! That story never gets old!!!

I gave a little insight into their generous hearts as I told them about how just a couple of weeks prior to that, Parker had been sick and when they heard, they immediately wanted to bring some chicken noodle soup by. In true BigPa and Grandma fashion, they brought soup, made with Luke's special noodles and extras in case we needed them, two different kinds of cornbread, two cartons of ice cream, and hot fudge to boot!! They are and always have been so over-the-top with their giving!

Many times when I offer my appreciation to them for whatever they've gone out of their way to do for me, the response I usually get is. . . . "Glad to!" I know that they mean that when they say it, for they are always happy to help. It's never a burden, never an imposition; they truly are glad to!!

BigPa and Grandma - - - I cannot tell you how many ways you have blessed my life and the lives of those I love!! You are truly the best and I love you!!

(sorry so belated!!)

No comments: