Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pastor talk

Today was an exciting new day for our church. A new pastor took the helm at our great church!! While this means a lot of things to a lot of people, it was different for me because a member of my family has been the pastor at Grace for as long as I've been alive!! That's pretty wild when you think about it!! I'm looking forward to the future of Grace in the hands of Bro. Donnie, a non-Williams/Martin family member!!

When Landry got up and going this morning and realized it was Sunday, he immediately said, "Is today the day that the new pastor comes??" I answered yes and he said in a little voice, with his hands raised, "yay!!" Evidently, he has big plans and high expectations for Bro. Donnie!!

And on the way to church, we were reviewing Luke and Landry's verses when Landry pipes up, "I know a verse!!" So, I said, "Tell us...what is it??" To which he responded, "No man can serve two PASTORS!!" After I cracked up laughing and someone corrected him, I thought to myself....there might be some truth to that!!

Good times ahead!!

No comments: