Thursday, February 11, 2010

Our Loss....Heaven's Gain

Due to my very severe lack of blogging lately, I'm going to attempt to get semi-caught up.....starting back in November.

November 13, 2009


As I was dropping off Luke at school, I got a call from Scott , his voice heavy with emotion and the words, "My Mom died."

At first, I thought I must have misunderstood. Bernadine, though fighting gallbladder cancer, was doing well. She had done amazingly well. But I hadn't misunderstood. Bernadine had indeed, gone to Heaven and while it was sudden and unexpected for us, we know that it wasn't a surprise at all to the God of the universe.

Bernadine was an amazing person, wife, mom, and grandma. She juggled many hats throughout her life and managed them all well. It was a true honor to know her and to feel her love for our family.

Scott and I went to New York to spend time with the family and attend the services in her honor. The funeral was beautiful and was a really neat tribute to her life. It was a great time with the family and a huge shout-out to everyone that helped us out with the kids....my Mom and Dad, Emily, and the Rothenbergers. We could not have done it without you....thanks!!

2 comments:

Marla said...

I'm so so sorry. Please pass along my condolences to Scott and his family.

melodie said...

she sure loved you guys!!!