Thursday, December 27, 2007

The new addition . . .

No - I'm not expecting a baby - thank you Lord!!

The newest addition to our family came in a box under the tree on Christmas morning.

It is ....

a Wii !!!

This game system is so stinkin' FUN - I would have never believed it if I hadn't actually played the crazy thing myself. But it is super FUN!!

We had thrown around the idea of getting the boys a wii for Christmas but I didn't really even think of looking for one until it became apparent that they were nearly impossible to find. So, one day while I was doing a little shopping at Walmart, I went to just talk with the nice electronics people and see what my odds were of actually putting my hands on one before Christmas.

When I walked up, there was a lady shopper there who was almost beside herself with excitement. I tentatively smiled at her like, "am I missing something here?" and she said with great enthusiasm, "they're taking them off the truck!!" I say, "they're taking what off the truck??" Practically screaming, "the Wiis!!!!!"

So, in a rare stroke of luck or providence, my timing was perfect and I walked out with a Wii!!

Fast forward to the last 2 days and that crazy toy has been a load of laughs, singing, crying and throwing our bodies into all sorts of shapes and contortions. The sports package that comes with the system is fun, but my personal favorite game is Dancing with the Stars. I think my love of this show is well documented, but the game is hysterical! If you know me, you know my dancing ability is unparalleled! Phenomenal, if you will!! And this game only enhances my moves!!

(OK - that whole last part was a big joke if you didn't already know that. I have NO moves and I can't even imagine what I look like when I play this game, but it is so fun!)

Anyway, I'm going to try to get some pics of the boys playing it so you can share in the fun!

Did I mention that it is really a lot of FUN??!?!?

It is!!

1 comment:

Marla said...

LOL @ the mental picture I have of you dancing around like a crazed person. I've been contemplating one of those for my crew, it does sounds like a ton of FUN.

I want to see pics of you playing it, too! ;)