Sunday, November 23, 2008

ADD

My thoughts are scattered...not really much to say...I feel certain this will be an ADD-esque post!!


For the third time in about 6 weeks, a child of mine has run a 103 degree fever on Saturday and woke up on Sunday feeling fine!! This time it was Luke and since Scott hasn't been to church in what seems like forever (due to being out of town/games/staying home with kids who had 103 fever), I offered to stay home and let him go.

It really worked out for the best since I had a pretty wicked headache.

So, Luke and I did nothing all morning. Except I did take a shower because I got my hair cut yesterday and I really needed to wash it and see that it would return to normal. I have waited FOREVER to get it cut since my hair girl had a baby and has been out FOREVER!! So, I had high hopes for this haircut. I suggested one thing which she did and I could tell immediately that I wasn't going to like it. She went ahead and finished it, just to make sure I wasn't going to like it, which I didn't. So, after flat ironing it, she cut it again and flat ironed it again! It was started to look like I had no hair at all. I dealt with it during the day, but by last night, it looked BAD. I pulled it into a little-bitty ponytail and hoped for the best.

I felt better after I washed it and flat-ironed it today. Even though I really didn't want to iron it, I did and boy was I glad later. For the record, when left to air dry, my hair does terribly! Ugly, ugly hair!

Back to the random/ADDness...

Luke and I ran up to the corner store to get a paper so I could see if there were any amazing sales. I have on worn out yoga pants, long-sleeve tee, totally non-matching hoodie, no make-up, hair done, of course, and the best part, you ask?? I wore Scott's slippers!! Well, I had on my super thick/soft socks that my Grandma just bought me from Bath & Body (soooo comfy) and I didn't want to put shoes on with them because they're so thick!!

And because I'm so nice, I decide to buy Luke a popsicle to help his throat feel better.

So, I'm looking good! I get the paper, I pick out a popsicle and head to the cash register.

When who should walk in but just an assistant superintendent of our district!! Here's me...totally mismatched, slippers, no make-up with my paper and a popsicle!! Couldn't have been any worse timing!! My only consolation was that I had flat-ironed my hair!!

So, I get back to the car and it hits me that I never checked to make sure Luke could even have the popsicle I bought him. I check really quickly and, of course, he CAN'T have it. Big ol' word WHEAT on it...plain as day. Thankfully, I realized it before I had told him I bought him a popsicle and I managed to sneak it in once we got back home.

That makes me SO mad. It's like my brain turns off and I forget about his food issues. Why is that?? So, so so frustrating!!

Anyway, that is about the level of excitement we've had around here today. Luke seems to be feeling better...no more fever but still complaining a little about his throat.

The best part about this week???

No school and no work!!

Yay for Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

deneise said...

i know your not making fun off ADD people! i happen to love mismatched ramblings!!

here's the deal...you totally rock the mismatched, just got out of bed look!