Monday, November 3, 2008

For the love of guacamole

I have never been a big guacamole eater.

I do have memories of my mom slicing an avocado, putting it on bread, and calling it a sandwich. That still grosses me out!!

But at some point, I must have grown up (even though I still can't eat tomatoes). Either that, or being introduced to Chipotle and their amazing guacamole changed me. I think I have mentioned my love for their chips & guac a time or two. I also love the fact that when I eat there, which is just semi-regularly, I am always there with a friend, or two, but no kids.

That all changed when Emily and I went to Chipotle on Saturday. The older three boys all had plans (Alex at a lock-in at church and Parker/Luke with my Dad) so I just had Landry. I knew it was going to be a great dining experience when I told Landry that we were going to Chipotle and his response was "OH, yeah!!" I'm pretty sure he's never even heard the word "chipotle" but he was pumped!!

I got him a taco, but he was really interested in the dwatamolee. I must say that I've never had LESS guacamole than I had that night! I kind of felt like I was with Deneise!! He was a total guac-hog and because of his double dipping, I don't think Emily had hardly any at all!!


Remind me not to take Landry to Chipotle anymore!! Unless, of course, he gets his own dwatamolee!!

5 comments:

Shellee said...

that boy has fine tastes!

and what exactly is YOUR definition of semi-regularly??

Emily said...

Shellee, I was also going to call into question the definition of semi-regularly??

Kristy said...

what?? once a month or so??

:)

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

Your post of 10/19/08 inspired me to introduce Uncle D to Chipotle (I'd only been 1 time before but didn't have guacamole). Due to your influence in that post, I became a fan of their guacamole, too.

Nana said...

Ok - I have to go to Chipotle for guacamole! I never, never, never ate guacamole until I was expecting Brandon. I could not get enough quacamole or Mexican food. Hard to believe that Brandon does not like Mexican food. Ben told us he does not like brocamolee!