Sunday, December 7, 2008

Reason #589 why boys should not go shopping with their moms

The shopping season is in high gear and it seems, more often than not, that Landry accompanies me on my shopping adventures.

He is actually pretty easy to shop with. He doesn't mind riding in his stroller -- most of the time. Toss him some food or gum every now and then and he's good. He is usually good for some interesting conversation.

But sometimes, it's nice to just go alone.

Case in point ... yesterday I HAD to go to Kohls because I had $20 in Kohls Cash that I had gotten from my amazing shopping trip on Black Friday and it expired yesterday. So, Landry and I headed off to Kohls to find something, anything really, to spend my cash on.

I had just a little $$ left when I decided to try on some velour pants/jacket that I could always use. We head into the dressing room and Landry is looking around, not really sure of what we're doing. I guess it's been a while since I've tried anything on while he was with me.

We go into our little room and as I'm taking off my pants, he says rather loudly, "Why you tatin' off you pants??" So, I say, "I'm gonna try on these pants on."

Then he says, rather loudly again, "Why you not bring your undies???"

I bust out laughing and say (practically yelling), "Landry, I have my undies on!! What do you mean you crazy boy??"

It was about that time that I realized the pants weren't going to work anyway, so we quickly made our exit and made eye contact with no one!!


I'm still not really sure what he meant!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I seriously can't stop laughing at this story!

Shellee said...

that is FUN-NY!!

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

I haven't laughed like that in a long time. Thanks for sharing.

Marla said...

Hehe, that is hilarious! What a funny boy.

Kelly said...

good times!