Sunday, January 4, 2009

I resolve . . .

. . . to eat less Hot Tamales (the candy, not the Mexican food!)

. . . to laugh more

. . . to expend more effort making much of Jesus

. . . to drink more water...ugh!


There -- they're publicly stated. Maybe I'll stick with them!!


School/work returns tomorrow and it's probably a good thing so I'll stop eating. I've seriously eaten my body weight the last two days in those darn Danish cookie things. I got a tin from someone, and my great Mom left me two more while she was at my house over the break. (Thanks, Mom!!) They're really not even that good, so why do I keep eating and eating them??

Anyway, one more North Carolina story --

On the way back (the long, long, long way back), we stopped in Longview for some gas. While I was inside, Alex and Parker came running in saying that Dad needed me...Landry had gotten gas in his eyes!! I'm like SERIOUSLY?? We're this close to home...please no freak blinding accidents!! I go out to the car and Landry is wrapped up in a blanket. What happened was Luke was trying to help Scott and when the gas was done, he pulled it out, and as he was returning it to the pump, he went ahead and squeezed the handle just to see what might happen. What happened was that it squirted gas all over Landry's face and down his shirt!! Lovely!!

Scott has poured some water over his eyes (ice cold water from the cooler!!) so I took him into the restroom and washed him off. It wasn't until then that I realized he was totally without clothes...except his socks!! His skin was really red, but I'm not sure if it was from the gas or the ice-cold water being poured on him!!

He stunk a little, but was totally fine!! His clothes, on the other hand, aren't faring too well. I've washed them once but they still smell pretty bad! Any great ideas on how to get the smell of gas out?? I would just throw them away, but they're pretty new and pretty cute too!! I guess I could always search the world wide web if this sort of fun hasn't happened to anyone else!!

Anyway, Happy New Year - enjoy the remaining 352 days!!

3 comments:

Marla said...

Good resolutions! I need to do those things also, well, except the Hot Tamale one, I don't like those, but substitute chocolate there and I'm all set.

Not sure about the gasoline smell, vinegar maybe?

Marla said...

And um, 352? What kind of calendar are you using? ;)

Shellee said...

are you prophetic and know when Jesus is coming back?