Sunday, January 4, 2009

North Carolina - Last Installment!!

I stopped scrapbooking because I could never keep up with real life. Now, I'm blogging and I still can't keep up with real life!!

I'm going to wrap up our little trip with these final words and pictures!!

Friday (the day after Christmas), Kathy, Eli, and I headed to the mall while Scott and David took our kids and theirs to the Children's Museum. The mall was crowded unlike anything I'd seen before Christmas and almost stole my joy!! Scott forgot the camera :) but the kids had a GREAT time at the museum! Some of the favorites were a beanstalk that you could really climb and a mini Krispy Kreme play area where you could "make" donuts!!

That night we went on a hayride/carriage ride through a park that has really cool Christmas lights. It was really cold, but lots of fun!

All the kids before boarding ...

Landry and Ella ...
Mom and Dad ...
Tim and Alex ...
Kathy and Kelsey...

Looking at the lights ...
Melodie and Rachael ...

Scott, me, Ella, Rachael, Landry ...

David and Lauren ...

David, Kathy, and fam

Saturday brought swimming in Grandma & Grandpa's hotel pool. Elijah seemed to make it into the 2 pictures I took there!!

And while we're on the theme of Eli, here's one with Landry...
And here he is smiling ...

Sunday, Renee, Alex, and her kids, and Aunt Linda and Curtis drove over with lunch...baked ziti!! Yum-o!! Here's everybody just chillin' after lunch.


Renee braiding Kelsey's hair ...

The boys hanging out watching a little football ...


We headed back to Renee's house to spend the last couple of days. Interestingly enough, on December 29th, it was warm enough for the kids to go swimming. (The pool was heated, but still!!)
The little boys hanging in the hot tub ... Landry, Roman, Luke, and Cole??

It worked out nicely, as it gave the boys some extra practice in diving ...

and cannonballs!!

On Monday night, Glenn and Melissa came over so we got to spend a little more time with them, so that was fun. I'm really wishing I'd gotten pictures of all the kids!!

All in all, it was a great trip! It was really neat to see everyone and for the kids to see and meet people they didn't even know existed!! Very memorable, indeed!!

1 comment:

Marla said...

It looks like y'all had a great Christmas!! Can you believe it's already over?!?! :(