Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meme

I'm not sure what I've been doing lately, but blogging hasn't been making the cut.

I've actually been in deep thought since my friend, Marla, tagged me last week to do this meme. I have all this stuff I've been dying to tell you about me so this is the opportunity I've been waiting for!! Totally kidding!! I've been having a little trouble coming up with 6 things that people don't already know about me. Anyway . . .

So, here are the rules:

(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Here are my non-important things/habits/quirks -

1. One of my favorite breakfasts to this day (I ate this a lot when I was a kid) are toasted blueberry pop-tarts covered with butter and a Diet Coke!! I know - yummy and nutritious!! If I could read the paper without interuption while eating this delicacy, it would be a great start to my day!!

2. I took piano lessons for years as a child and into college. I gave it up in my adult years and it has probably been one of my bigger regrets. Someday, I will get a piano and make beautiful music again!! haha!

3. I have an amazing job that has been a true gift from God. Teaching homebound kids proves to be a challenge in many areas but is so perfect for someone like me. It gives me the flexibility I need and still allows me to work. I'm going to tell you about one of my all-time favorite students in a few weeks!! Stay tuned!!

4. When I was a kid, I wanted to have 5 kids and be the kind of doctor that delivered food at the hospital! I almost made the first goal but I don't really see me getting close to the second!! How many years of med school would it take to do that job??

5. The kindergarteners that I taught my first year of teaching in Houston are seniors this year! Wow - do I feel old!! That was the year that I seriously comtemplated giving up the teaching profession and becoming a bus driver!! Believe me - I thought about it often!!

6. I've found it much easier to post about the kids!! There are a lot of I's and me's in this post and it's weird!!

So, that is more than you ever wanted to know about me!! But now, the fun part!! I get to read about other people!! So, I'm going to tag these lucky people:

Sherry, Emily, Shellee, Deneise, Jenny, and Leigh

4 comments:

deneise said...

you lost me at "linking to their blogs" !!! i'm gonna need some help with this!!

Emily said...

I'm not so sure about butter on Pop-Tarts? Aren't they already the perfect breakfast food as they are?? :)

Jenny Chapman said...

I'm on it...eventually!

Shellee said...

Okay...you already tagged everyone i know!