Sunday, February 24, 2008

It was a good one!

Another birthday has come and gone and it's hard to believe I'm as old as I am!!

I really don't feel that old! It's a good thing I have friends who are older than me!! :)

I had the awesome privilege of hangin' with some of my good friends on Friday night at Sherry's. Good friends + Pappasitos food = win/win!! A little Wii competition made for an even more exciting night!! I must mention that Shellee wins the trophy for best all-around dance moves on Dancing with the Stars!! While the judges described me as "luscious" and "having intoxicating passion," Shellee wins hands down!! If you know me, you know there is nothing in my dancing abilities that can be described with either of those words/phrases. Shellee, on the other hand, has the gift of dance!! You go, girl!! It reminds me of a time a while back when I snapped this picture of Shell busting out!!

Saturday was filled with basketball fun - three fun games, to be exact!! Then, Scott and I went to Uncle Julio's that night for a little birthday date. That place is crazy packed on a Saturday night with lots of young, cute people. Great food, though.

Today, we went to my mom's for lunch and hung out for the afternoon. Ryan, Shannon and the girls came and that means instant fun for the boys!! It was such a beautiful day - the kids had fun playing golf and playing at the park. I managed to work in a nap somehow, so I should be up for a while!!

Birthdays are a great time to be reminded of all the important people in your life. I am so blessed to have such a great group of girls to walk this journey with me. They all add so much to my life in their own special ways and I am so thankful for them. And my family is like no other!! They have always been such a huge support and help to me. The unconditional love that they demonstrate is amazing!! I don't tell them often enough how much I love them and appreciate them. I would not be the person I am today if not for my great family!!

So, I guess I'm another year older!! Here's hoping for a great year!!

No comments: