Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Road Trip - Final Installation

Ok - so much for the live blogging!! Technology can only take you so far into the piney woods of Texas until you have no signal at all!!

After a day of mixed emotions, we are on the last leg of this trip. Mr. Gilbert's funeral was a beautiful tribute to an amazing man. He was very loved by his family and friends. James truly honored his dad with his words and song - a very bittersweet service, indeed.

We are (hopefully) less than an hour away from home and just for the record, we traveled much of our day today on an actual highway!! Yay for highways!!

Just to wrap up the last couple of days, here are a few things we've discussed:

** Jenny and Kristy are good at doing Sudoku puzzles - Emily, not so much, but she promises to practice!!

** A direct quote from an unnamed person in this car - I cannot imagine putting anything else in my body without letting something out!! Eeeewwww!! Wonder who said that??

** Two words we've discussed but don't really know what they are- perimenopause and rumination.

And a final observation - it's always good to have friends - in the good times and the bad!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Ok, I just finished my first Sudoku puzzle. I didn't time myself, but I almost gave up twice and I DID have to erase 2 numbers. :) I'll keep practicing and the first-ever Sudoku Smack-Down can happen soon!

Jenny Chapman said...

you go Emily...you're sudoku smart! I will officiate the upcoming smackdown!

deneise said...

what a bunch of nerds!! :)