Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mommy Dearest!

While we were in New York, Mother's Day came!!

It was kind of strange to be away from the kids on this day! But I know that they really missed me and I'm sure they just felt out of sorts all day without me!!
Oh - I jest!!

Emily asked the boys if they wanted to call me on Sunday to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and Landry informed her that his Mom was already happy!!

The boys did make me some pretty cute things and I wanted to document them here!! That way if I can't remember where I put them, I can always look here!!

Most of this was made at school and now that Alex is in the 5th grade, they really don't encourage them to appreciate their moms through crafts. So, I got nothing from Alex!!

Parker made me a really neat calendar that is on the fridge. The words say -

"Mom, Mom - You're like a trillion, but you're one in a million"
"Mom, Mom - You're the one - You're the one that's best of a ton!"

The top says "Mom you are:" and the flowers say:
Our ruler
The boss
The chef
Awesome
The artist (which he admitted he just couldn't think of anything else so he put this!! I can appreciate his honesty!!)

Luke made me a few things at school - a card, a bookmark, some notecards that he painted himself, and a little paper that tested how well he knows his mom!!

His school does this every year and it is always so funny to see how the kids answer these questions. Here's what Luke had to say: (his answers are in italics) (can't make blogger do the spacing right!)


My mom's name is Kristy.

She has brown hair and blue eyes.

She is 36 feet tall and weighs 430 pounds!!

She is 36 years old.

She loves to eat spaghetti and pizza.
Her favorite thing to do is work and play the Wii.

She smiles when I win a baseball game.
I love her because she plays with me.

One of the neatest gifts was the little flower pot. The flower is acutally a pen that you stick down into the little jar. The jar is filled with little rocks and hold the "flower" up very nicely! It is very cute and functional, since I can never seem to find a pen when I need one. Luke made this at church, so Shellee/Deneise - great idea!!

Finally, Landry made many of the same presents as Luke since they go to the same school!


Here's what Landry has to say about me!

My mom's name is Momma.
She has gray hair and black eyes.
She is big feet tall and weighs 29 pounds!!
She is 5 years old.
She loves to eat chicken and rice.
Her favorite thing to do is work outside.
She smiles when I because I love her.
I love her because she plays outside with me.

As I wax philosophically about Mother's Day, I can honestly say that I would have never seen me as a mother of four boys. It is definitely an adventure like no other. While I often hear others lamenting my fate (usually moms of only girls), I know God has gifted me with these little boys to guide during this life. They each have so much to offer and add to my life!

1 comment:

deneise said...

so landry is so going to have to be your favorite with 29 pounds!! seriously, luke has got a lot to learn about women!! :)