Thursday, July 10, 2008

Domestic Goddess

I've never really thought of myself as a domestic goddess, but I think I'm on my way!!

First off, I've finally found some bread for Luke that is edible and as an added bonus, it tastes great and actually has a bread-like texture!! Here is what it looks like -



The best part is that it is pretty pricey (like most all GF food) and that it comes in mix form. That means I get to add bread baking to my list of chores. Since I pretty much have everything under control here around the house, this is totally not a problem!! Remember, I'm a domestic goddess!!

Anything for you Luke!

Here's his first sandwich:


Next, I wanted to update the ol' blawg with pictures of the garden.
Remember - we planted pumpkins, corn, and sunflowers, assuming that if all else failed, the sunflowers would persevere and grow crazily.

So, I am happy to report that of the approximately 50 seeds of corn we sowed, we will reap approximately 1 ear of corn!! I know that's not a very good return, but we were so excited to see the ear today!!!

The pumpkin patch is faring much better. I'm not sure how many pumpkins we'll get, but the vine is growing like crazy. It has lots and lots of little flowers on it, so if they all turn into pumpkins, we might need to open us up a punkin patch here at the house!! I'll let you know about that!! Here's the future pumpkin patch -

And finally, the sunflowers are growing, well, like sunflowers!! They are totally obnoxious and huge and have yet to even produce a flower. To get a glimpse of their size, here they are with Landry and with my hand (which is no small hand!!) -


6 comments:

Emily said...

Very impressive!

Shellee said...

you are a domestic goddess...but it would seem a lot less braggy if you would let someone else blog about you goddessness!!!

Kristy said...

Did I fail to mention that all that goddess talk was purely sarcastic?? Because I'm pretty sure, positive actually, I don't attain goddess status in any area of my life!!

Marla said...

LOL. Impressive bread baking and veggie growing! Goddess indeed! ;)

Marla said...

Forgot to add, someone on a Yahoo group I'm on posted about a gluten free bakery in FW, in case you don't already know about it:
www.sublimebakery.com

deneise said...

you are my hero!! :)