Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Time is marching on and I am halfway through a very long week in my life. It has been a very long time since I have been up at 6:00 am on a regular basis but this is the week that whips me back into shape!!

Work is going well. There's not a lot to do yet but I've had a few long meetings to fill my time!! It's time to get the teachers pumped up, motivated, and inspired to be the best they can be!! Teachers really do make a difference, you know!!

Probably the most difficult part of the week was that Landry started going to his new school! I managed to keep him at home the first two days I went back, thanks to my mom, but yesterday was his big day!

He did really, really well - much better than I would have even hoped!! He wasn't overjoyed to be there, but he didn't cry and that was such a blessing! I just hate leaving him when he's crying!!

He was at my great friend, Jenny's school yesterday so she probably called or texted me at least 5 times throughout the day to let me know how he was doing. That was the best gift ever!! Big thanks to Jenny for the peace of mind! Miraculously, he was always doing very well. When I picked him up, he was happy and having a great time!

Pretty much the same thing happened today - a little hesitant, but no tears, happy and excited when I picked him up!!

So, as usual, all the worries were for nothing!! He's doing great!!
And, just in case you care, here's how the pumpkins are looking!

2 comments:

Marla said...

Yay for Landry, glad he did so well! Your pumpkins are awesome, I never knew you had a green thumb. ;)

Nana said...

I love your pumpkins! I am so ready for the Fall. It is my favorite time of the year. Landry will be just fine at school. Marcy said that he is in Ben's class and Ben loves going to school. They learn so much and it is the best daycare/school ever.