Wednesday, August 6, 2008

How does your garden grow??

I know all 2 of my readers have been dying to know how the garden is growing...

This is what happened while we were on vacation --




These guys were tall but had no blooms at all! This was fun to see when we returned. I'm not sure why they are SO big. The ones I see on the side of the road are so small compared to these. These might be too big for their own good. Some of them are already starting to lean over with the weight of their big ole' heads!! I tried to stand one back up and it is heavy!!

Luke and Landry enjoy watering the pumpkin vine. A boy with a hose in the summertime = good fun!!


And this, my friends, is our proudest garden accomplishment!!

One huge vine has produced one small pumpkin that is already turning slight shades of orange. Upon closer inspection, there are at least 3 other tiny little pumpkins other places on the vine. Very exciting!! My original prediction of mucho pumpkins has been modified just a bit. For some reason, I thought that a pumpkin would grow where ever there was a blossom. This is not the case on our vine. If it were, we would have approximately 549 pumpkins!!

On to other news, I registered my Landry for his new school today. I am a little apprehensive about how the new school year will go, but I'm sure it will all be great once we actually get into the routine. He goes back and forth with wanting to go and not go, but I'm sure he'll have a great time and learn so much! We came home this afternoon and he colored pictures for about an hour and then said, "Mom-I'm so etcited to doe to stool!!" (Mom - I'm so excited to go to school!) I'm not sure he'll feel that way on the first day of school, but maybe!!

It's hard to believe the summer is so quickly passing. I bought the last of the school supplies today, backpacks have been bought or ordered, lunchboxes too, and everyone has new shoes except one picky boy. Any guesses who that is?? The "stuff" of school is almost ready. Here's hoping the boys and I will follow suit!!

5 comments:

Jenny Chapman said...

549...that's alot of PUMPKIN BREAD...bring it on!!!!!

deneise said...

papa will be so proud of the sunflowers!!

Shellee said...

awesome sunflowers! will you finish getting my four ready too? everytime i think i'm close, i realize something else someone doesn't have yet!!

Shellee said...

yeah...ummm...after the exclamation point, i'm talking about my kids and school and no longer sunflowers...i don't need you to get my four sunflowers ready. i don't actually have any sunflowers. so there. a lesson in why paragraphs are important!

Shellee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.