Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The newest members of the family . . .


. . . are Pixie and Angel!!


These little ladies joined our family over the weekend and they are so stinkin' cute!! Did I mention that I am SO not a cat person??

Well, all that changed when I got up in the attic a couple of weeks ago to get down the very minimal Fall decorations I have. When I got out a pumpkin that had some evidence of some chewing on it, I just about freaked out!! It totally grossed me out, made me feel nasty, violated and mad!! Maybe a little over-reaction, but eeewwww!!
I talked to my neighbor, Casey, because she had gotten two kitties over the summer to help out with the mouse population that crops up around here. She convinced me to buy into the idea of cats and her sister's cat had had kittens a while back and were free for the taking! Imagine that!!

It almost seemed meant to be!!
But I had to think on it for a while! So, I thought and thought and finally decided we'd try it. Casey says that cats are hard to keep where we live because they either run off or come to some untimely demise. So, I'm not sure how long they'll be around.

They will probably still be here when all the kids are grown and I'll be thinking, "I thought they weren't going to stay around??"
Anyway, as with all baby animals, they are CUTE!! They've finally gotten used to us, well, Scott and I, and don't run when we come outside...well, when Scott and I go outside!! The boys, in mass, are kind of frightening, but one or two calm boys are okay!!
I'll keep you posted as to whether they stay or go. And I'll try to get some more pictures, but my camera is acting up and the kitties are fast!!

3 comments:

Jenny Chapman said...

is this a joke? are you serious?

deneise said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! THESE ARE THE END DAYS!! i'm so jealous!!

Kristy said...

I wish it were a joke, but as much as I really don't care for cats, the way I feel about mice is about 10 million infinity times worse!!