Monday, October 6, 2008

Mr. Luke

Luke had his six month check-up (after Celiac diagnosis) with his GI doctor last week. He has grown 1 1/2 inches and has gained 2 pounds!! Yay for the growing boy!!

He had to do some bloodwork to make sure his way-too-high levels from March are hopefully, back in range. He'll also test for certain vitamins to make sure he's getting everything he needs. (I'm a little worried on that one!!)

I'll try to remember to post when I hear the results from the lab.

A couple of funny Luke stories -

He got a totally generic, sugar-free lollipop from the lady at the lab when he did his bloodwork. It looked like it had been there for a while and although it was probably gluten-free, I had no way of knowing. He begged and begged for it and I kept putting him off. I even got him a Sonic blast, but he kept coming back to the sucker.

When he got home, he put it on his dresser, and came across it again a couple of days later. He comes and finds me and says, "Mom, can I pleeeease have this sucker??"

Backtracking - Anytime we are unsure about whether or not he can eat something, we usually go to the company's website and see if the info is there.

I tell him it's not that I don't want him to have it, but I just don't know if it's ok for him to eat. To which he responds, "Mom, can't you just go to sucker dot com and find out for me??"

After I finished laughing, I said, "Uh, no!" Then, when he wasn't looking, I put that darn sucker in the trash!!

No telling WHAT's on that website!!


And, tonight as I was getting Luke and Landry out of the tub, they were both wrapped in the same towel and being very silly. I said, "You know what guys?? I really love you!!" To which Luke replies, "So, are you gonna give us a dollar??!!"

What's wrong with THAT picture??

1 comment:

Brandy said...

oh my..... if you knew my day, you would know what a blessing the Luke-ism's are!!! Thanks for sharing!

We are praying and praying and praying our hearts out for Scott's mom. PLEASE keep us posted, and like we told Scott.... I know there isn't much, but know we are always here to do what we can!