Saturday, October 11, 2008

The numbers are in . . .

Man, I'm on a roll tonight!!

I'm going to try and pull and Deneise and do 10 posts at one time!!

Not really!

I got Luke's bloodwork results from his doctor this week and here's the deal:

In March, his antibodies (cells that develop as a result of his eating gluten with the sole purpose of attacking his small intestine) were 77 on a scale of 0-5 being normal. This was what alerted his pediatrician to the fact that something wasn't quite right.

Anyway, after 6 months of some radical food changes, I am so happy to report that his antibodies are now a FIVE!!! He's normal again!! That is totally awesome news because it means that all the extra effort put into Luke's diet is totally making a difference!!

2 comments:

Marla said...

That's awesome!! And I'm sure a relief to know that all that work is paying off. Yay for Luke!!

Jenny Chapman said...

you are a GOOD momma!