Monday, October 27, 2008

The irony abounds

UPDATED AT THE END!!

Scott left very early this morning to go see his parents as they get a second opinion at Duke.

Not wanting to be a half-empty kind of girl, I will in no way suggest that it's going to be a long 10 days just because the school boys were tardy and Landry tested positive for strep throat today!! I had the amazing privilege of taking my first sick day in about 10 years and get to take my second tomorrow!! I'm hoping to have a very productive day tomorrow!!

As I am always able to pull the good out of not-so-good situations, :) can I just say that when I went to get Landry's prescription for his strep, the girl sent it out to the car and never asked for my debit card. I thought that was a little strange so when I got the medicine, I checked the receipt and it said $0.00. I wanted to ask her what that was about, but I didn't really want to know, in case it was a mistake!! So, I waited for a minute and when she didn't return, I left!! The receipt said my insurance covered all of it!! How crazy is that?? I've gotten a lot of prescriptions filled in my day, but I have never gotten one for free.

As far as the irony goes, I find it a little ironic that I broke down and got not one, but two cats to help with the mouse population and guess what is now living in my house?? Of course...a MOUSE!! Scott and Alex have seen it, mostly upstairs, but have yet to trap it's little body and dispose of it. Interestingly enough, it manages to get the peanut butter off of the trap without the trap being disturbed at all!! How does that happen?? That thing is going to be so darn fat once we do catch him, it's not going to be pretty!! Alex is in charge now that Scott's gone, so I'm not overly confident that it will be caught. We'll see.

Finally, one of the funnier moments of the day came when I got an email from the counselor at the school Landry attends, asking me to call her. I immediately knew what this must be about even though I've never met this lady. I call her back and she hem-haws around and finally tells me that Landry's teachers think he might have some speech "issues" and was I aware of him having any "issues" with his speech?? I so wanted to say, "Why no...whatever are you talking about??!!" But instead, I laughed and told her Landry was our baby and how we all thought his speech was cute, even though I knew his teachers would probably want him to talk correctly!! So...Landry is going to start going to Speech so he will actually make the K sound instead of the T sound, and the G sound instead of the D sound. I think it will be bittersweet because I love how he talks, but I do know that he should talk correctly, especially as he grows older.

And this just in from Landry...stoot over Mom...tan you print me som-tin?? I want Diedo!

Which translates into...scoot over Mom...can you print me something?? I want Diego!!

I had to update to say that Alex ran down the stairs a while ago all excited, saying that the smart little mouse had finally gotten himself "stuck" on the sticky trap. Sure enough, there he was in all his ugliness!! Being the strong person that I am, I called the best neighbor EVER, Kris, and he came over and took the mouse away!

And yes, I am naive enough to believe he's the only one, so don't tell me any differently if you disagree!! :)

3 comments:

marcy said...

Feel better, Landry. Ben said, "Landry was not here today, so he is sick." I think he misses the boy!

Emily said...

I think you should get some video of Landry talking, that's got to be one of the cutest things ever!!

And, I think free prescriptions is part of the new insurance plan!

Marla said...

Yay for Mr. Mouse going bye-bye! (yikes, I talk to a 2 year old too much) Anyway, hope Landry is feeling better soon. I love the idea of videotaping him, I'm sure it's adorable!