Sunday, October 19, 2008

Quiet vs Noisy

This weekend was one of contrasts.

Friday afternoon after school, my parents came to get all of the boys to spend the night and better part of Saturday with them. (For my own memory, our great friends Mike and Sherry lost Mike's mom, Patsy this week and we had funeral things to do.)

Anyway, Scott and I went to the funeral home to spend some time with them on Friday night and ended up at Chipotle. Scott doesn't know that I frequent this place regularly (how regularly will remain undisclosed, right, friends??!!) and he also doesn't know that when I do go with friends, we always share a chips and guac (unless Deneise is with us, in which case, she gets her own and everyone else shares!!). I didn't mention to him that I usually share, so I got my guacamole ALL to myself!! SWEET!!


It has been a very long time since I have had NO kids at all! I kept reminding myself that there were no kids to wake me up early, no kids to turn cartoons on for the next morning, no kids to check on before going to bed myself. It was crazy!!


I slept until 9:00 and then spent most of the morning working on Parker's room. Let's just say it needed a LOT of work! I managed to get most of Alex's done pretty easily, along with regular Saturday stuff like laundry.


Of course, the morning flew by and it was time to go to Patsy's funeral. The service was a beautiful tribute to a truly beautiful lady, inside and out.


When we got back, the kids were home and, of course, they missed us terribly and never want to be away from us again!! haha!!


Here's where the contrast comes in . . . I know you were wondering where I was going with this, right?? Ok, maybe not!



After church today, we managed to come home with, count them, NINE boys!! Who's crazy here??! I was just a touch nervous, but I have to say, they were all AWESOME! They played so hard...all afternoon...pretty much always outside. I got so much ironing done, so it really was a win-win!!



They played a lot of football, but ended the day on the trampoline and here they all are --



(L to R) Preston, Hayden, Parker, Luke, Reagan, Alex, Landry, Braxton, Brevin

I know that most of these guys are mine on a regular basis, but still!!

It's great to have great friends!!

No comments: