Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just stuff

Time for blogging seems to be hard to find lately. All is well on the homefront.

Here's what we've been doing...in no particular order --

Alex and Luke both finished up their basketball seasons. Luke had a blast playing Upward!! Emily and I had the awesome privilege of coaching his team and they were so much fun!! I was a little worried about the "young-ness" of their team, but they were all so great! I really never got that I-can't-wait-until-this-season-is-over feeling and that's a good thing!! I finally ordered a couple of action shots of Luke playing because I could never seem to get a good shot with my camera, so I need to figure out a way to get them on the blog. Here's the team during the starting line-up --

After the last game, we had a little party at the church. Here's Luke enjoying his cupcake --

Here's the team with their great new backpacks --


Alex's season ends with a tournament and his team went all the way to the championship!! His team was really dominant this year and they won the championship with no problems!!

Speaking of Alex, this is what he came home with yesterday.


This is his binder from school!! HOLY COW!! The pictures don't even do it justice. It was so overloaded, you couldn't have put one more paper in it. I don't know where he gets this messiness! I mean, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a neat freak, but this is ridiculous!! The funny thing is, someone (maybe Emily??!) just asked me if Alex ever brought any papers home so I could see his grades. I said, "No, not really!" Now I know why I never see them. Crazy!!

On a nicer Alex note, here is he reading to Luke and Landry. Aaaawwww!!


On to food...

Parker had the Writing part of the TAKS test yesterday and he felt pretty sure that he should have one of these for breakfast. Pretty clever, that boy is!!

And this is our new favorite snack...edamame!! Have you guys tried this?? It is so good, and so easy, and so healthy!! I buy it in the frozen section and you just put the whole package in the micro for 5 minutes, sprinkle with salt (or not!) and force those little soybeans out of their shell!! It is so not like me to try something new, but these are GREAT!! Everyone at my house loves them!! That alone makes them good!

And now, I'm going to end this completely random, rambling post!!

4 comments:

Marla said...

Yay for great basketball seasons! Now it's time for baseball, right?

We LOVE edamame here too, I first had it at Pei Wei, but we make it at home a lot too. YUMMY!

deneise said...

reagan's binder looked just like that!!! he was just cracking up with every paper he would pull out!! he said, "it's not like i'm trying to hide failing papers from you!!" i totally forgot about his report card until he needed to me to sign his envelope last night!! i just know i'm going to get mom-of-the-year this mother's day!!

Emily said...

We were totally just talking about Alex's papers! That's crazy. Makes you miss a simple little red and blue folder system doesn't it??

angie said...

I love edamame! Costco has a box of small containers that are perfect to take to work for snacks.