Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ho Ho Ho!!

For all of you "I-can't-believe-the-Christmas-decorations-are-out-at-Walmart" people, here's a good one for you!!

We are at the mall this afternoon, killing a little time, when Luke sees Santa's House far off in the distance. He immediately becomes a little giddy - Is Santa here? Can we see Santa?? Please, please Mommy??

I say - Oh no, baby, Santa's not here yet. It's a little too early - maybe next week!

So we keep walking and I see a calendar posted by the entrance to the big guy's house. I tell Luke - let me look and see when he's coming - then we'll come back and chat with him.

So, imagine my surprise when I look at the calendar and see that Jolly Old St. Nick arrived LAST Friday - on the 9th of November!! Can you believe it?? November 9th??? That is almost the whole month of November plus all of December. Amazing!!

Lucky for us, we really weren't prepared to sit and discuss the possibilities for Christmas just yet. Upon seeing the real-life, in the flesh Santa, Landry immediately hunkers down and begins chanting - I no lite Santa - I no lite Santa - No I talt to Santa - No I lite Santa!!

This Christmas should be easy for him!!

So, my advice to anyone who has small children that need to visit with Santa - go ahead and get it out of the way because I predict Santa's going to be pretty grumpy come December. He's not used to working this long!!

No comments: