Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks

Sometimes, in the big picture of life, even "thanks" doesn't seem like enough. For the God of the universe to choose me to have such a charmed life is really unbelievable at times.

Why am I here and not living in Mexico in a small hut with a dirt floor with meager possessions?

Why have I had the opportunity to hear of God's love more times than I can count when others on this planet have never heard even once??

Why does God continually bless my life in ways beyond my imagination on a daily basis??

The only answer is because of His grace. He has allowed me to live a life that many on this planet will never even dream of. Though I know it is not deserved, I am so grateful. His grace is so abundant in my life - his mercies ARE new every morning!

He has blessed me with a family that is amazing and unique! He has gifted me with a group of friends, some new and some old, that make my journey a little easier when I find it's getting harder. He has opened my eyes this year to new insights about Him and I have relied on Him like no other time in my life.

Most of all, He gives me His grace. That, coupled with His unconditional love, is more than enough!!

And for that, I am thankful!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hi Kristy. Kathy gave me your blog name. I don't think I have seen pictures of your boys in so long...they are so big!

We do have so much to be thankful for. A friend of mine had a quote on her blog the other day. "Every breath with which we complain is a blessing" (don't know if that is exact...but you get the point). Happy Thanksgiving!

Tracy