Sunday, January 20, 2008

Friends - old and new

I had a neat opportunity last night to get together with some old - meaning, known them a long time - friends from my days at good ole' CHS. Laura, Heidi, Jennifer and I got together at Mira Vista's restaurant and had ourselves a great time of catching up and remembering the crazy things we said and did as middle schoolers and high schoolers. We try to get together once a year but it doesn't always work out that way, so it's always good to see them and catch up on what's going on in their lives. While we're not as close as we once were, we can still share in each other's joys and heartaches and have a good time together.

Seeing them again reminded me of what amazing friends I have in my life now. It's interesting to me how friendships ebb and flow sometimes, but God always brings someone new into my life when someone else may be slipping away. I have a great group of friends at this point in my life and they all offer something different and unique. They are all, but one hold-out, my bloggin buddies, too!! Here they are in a nutshell --

Sherry - is an amazing, exciting and crazy fun person to be around. Her energy is contagious and her laughter livens up a room! She is constantly rearranging her house or painting a room. It is never the same from week to week!! Another great thing about Sherry is her great family. She has 3 kids that match up almost perfectly with my four, with Nattalee totally taking over Landry. I never see my kids when they are here!! Sherry is a great go-to person and a great friend.

Shellee - cracks me up pretty much every time I talk to her. Her humor and sarcasm are quick and she can make almost anything funny! Shellee and I are the only members of the At Least Four Kids Club and she actually has me beat in the kid department. She is very passionate about her job - kids' ministry at church - and does it well. She is an amazing decorator, making beautiful things from what appears to be trash!! She has a great house that has her creative fingerprints all over it. She has three girls and a bonus boy that are very close in age to my boys. She is a fun friend.

Emily - is a fairly new friend that I feel like I've known for a long time. She was Alex's teacher last year and became much more than a teacher to him. She is unique, in that, she regularly asks me what she can do to make my life easier. I do not have a long list of people who specifically go out of their way to help me make life easier, but she asks and she follows through. Emily is funny, kind, and very thoughtful. She puts me to shame with thank you notes and is a kindred spirit in the deep thinking department. She has absolutely changed my life for the better in the short time I've known her and has taught me lots of things that I didn't even know I needed to learn!! She is great friend and huge help to me.

Jenny - is a beautiful person, inside and out. She has such a sweet heart - a Kindergarten teacher's heart - and a kind, compassionate soul. She has a great eye for design and style, always looking great and keeping an amazing house. It's been an interesting few months for Jenny, as she has been in bed for most of that time, growing little Brody in her belly. She's up and going again, ready to get on with life with two kids! And I get the awesome privilege to watch Baby Brody some when she returns to work. How much fun will that be?!! Jenny has always impressed me with her drive and determination to achieve a goal. When she puts her mind to something, there is not stopping her. It was so cool to watch her as she worked so hard to get through college, while being a wife and mom, and now enjoys the benefits of being a teacher - and a great one, at that! Jenny's working on a blog and I'll link to it when it's all up and going.

Deneise - is the only hold-out in the bloggy world. Someday, Deneise, someday!! Deneise and I have been friends since Alex and Reagan were in our tummies. We didn't know each other at the time, but our moms were friends and to be total strangers, we had a lot of similarities about us. We were both teachers, due within days of each other, told our parents we were pregnant on the same day, and did our nurseries in the same exact design. Reagan and Alex were born four days apart and have been friends from the beginning. Deneise is the self-delegated Mamaw of our group. She always keeps us in stitches because of something that she misunderstood or misinterpreted!! She has a quick wit and a quick smile. She loves all things pink and pretty much all things candy!! She is super fun to play Wii tennis with, but in all fairness, beat me in bowling tonight!! She's a great go-to person - if she can remember what you came to her for!! Love ya - Neesinator!!

Each of these friends brings something unique to my life. That God has allowed their paths to cross mine is an amazing thing and for that, I am grateful!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to make mamaw tear up!!

oh, by the way...reagan has taught me a little trick for the wii...so watch out for the neesienator!!!!

Anonymous said...

oops...i meant to add..."you're the BEST" :)

Emily said...

Wow, Kristy! You are SO kind! You're such a blessing to me! And, you've done so much for my tennis game! :)

Shellee said...

Wow...I feel like I just won an Oscar! Only without the red carpet, the cool goody bag, and the girlish figure falling out of the top of my skimpy dress! Thanks for such sweet words...I think you only left out beautiful! Right back at ya, girlfriend!