Sunday, June 15, 2008

A day for Dads

We have had a very low-key Father's Day around here!

Church...lunch...nap...golf tourney...Putt-Putt !!

That about sums it up!!

Scott is a great dad to our boys. He is a lot more fun than I am, a lot more adventurous, says yes a lot more, is a lot more free spirited!! While I don't always enjoy those aspects of him, they are probably a good balance for me and especially, for the boys!

I have been blessed in my own life to have an amazing Dad. My Dad and I could argue till the cows came home when I was younger, but I also knew that he would do absolutely anything for me if I asked. That is still true today. He goes out of his way on a regular basis to help me do/fix/create/finish any number of projects. His wisdom is always right on and is usually given whether or not it was asked for!! :)

Ryan reminded me today of the fact that Dad always encouraged us to choose a career path that would allow us to serve others. Now that I'm an adult, I can see that that was a great idea. I didn't really have any qualms about it at the time, but I do remember thinking I might not make as much money as I could have otherwise. (I guess I knew I would be a teacher!!)

So, thanks Dad, for all the wisdom and for pouring your life into mine! As the boys would say, "YOU ROCK!!"

No comments: