Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer fun!

Summer is in full swing around here - heat and all!!

We've had a pretty fun week so far, swimming every day until today. We went to the free movie at The Rave yesterday - Alvin and the Chipmunks - cute and totally unrealistic!!

We went to the library on Tuesday and we are going to work very hard and becoming book lovers this summer!! Parker is totally on board and has hardly put his first book down since he got it!! Yay!! Alex is getting there. They've been baited with a trip to Hurricane Harbor at the end of the summer if they meet their goals so, hopefully, they'll learn to love the adventure a book can bring!!

I learned from Deneise (and the CiCi's website) about a little reading club that CiCi's and Half Price books are doing this summer. If your child reads 15 minutes a day for 5 days, they can take their little log back to Half Price Books and either get a $3 gift card for a new book, or a free kid's buffet at CiCi's. Since we don't eat at CiCi's much anymore, the boys can get a new book every week!! How cool is that??


On the Celiac front, my Grandma brought us a big box of Rice Krispie Treats yesterday and later on in the day, Luke came to me with about a bite left of his snack. He said, "Mom, can I have the peanut butter kind?" I told him I really didn't know but I didn't think so. So, I checked the box and broad as day on the nutritional info for that kind, it said CONTAINS WHEAT INGREDIENTS. Excellent!! Interestingly enough, Luke woke up in the night complaining about his legs (knees) hurting. Coincidence?? Possibly. Hard to say at this point!

I'm going to post some pics from all the fun, but maybe later!!

No comments: