Saturday, June 7, 2008

Questions

Here are a few interesting questions that have been asked here in the last 24 hours or so:

-- What is a word that rhymes with ORANGE??

-- Why can't everyone be off of work for the summer like you are??

And one that brings both laughter and a touch of sadness -

You know that surgery you had so you can't have anymore babies??
Well, why didn't you have it done after me?? (asked by son #2!!)

Since that was asked on Day #2 of summer break, I'm afraid we might have a long summer ahead!!

Any ideas for some brotherly team building??

2 comments:

Emily said...

I've been doing some research:

There are many words that have no rhyme in the English language. "Orange" is only the most famous. Other words that have no rhyme include:
silver, purple, month, ninth, pint, wolf,
opus, dangerous, marathon, and discombobulate.

I, personally, had no idea discombobulate was even a real word. My Grandpa always used to say he was going to do that to us. I think maybe he was counting on us not knowing what it meant!

Shellee said...

On the Grinch, Cindy Lou Who is always feeling a little discombobulated...I used contextual clues and totally figured out what that means!! That's todays argument for why movies are just as educational as books!