Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Exciting Nothingness

I feel like I'm not really blogging so much . . . it's probably because there's really not that much going on!!

We've had 2 days of pretty much not leaving the house, and you know how the kids love that!!

In fact, about 5:00 on Monday, the kids all had that grumpy/end of the day/it's dinnertime kind of feeling going on and I happened to be talking to a friend of mine whose church was starting VBS that night. She told me I should bring the boys - they'd have a great time, of course! I asked her what time it was and she told me it was a magical 3 hours - from 6:00 to 9:00!! I hung up the phone and thought about it for about 1.5 seconds, threw supper on the stove, and made everyone put on decent clothes!! I reminded them that they'd been whining all day long about not going anywhere, so now was their big break!! They were going to VBS!! Woo-hoo!!

I took them all in, they found their friends, I talked with the snack ladies about Luke's issues, and Landry and I headed to the mall!! When I picked them up, they had all had a great time. Parker said it "was the best VBS I've ever been to in my whole entire life" and they were all pumped about going back . . . until today!! Luke decided it was a little too long (can't wait till he stays all day at Kindergarten) and that he would go one day and skip one day. He's very into patterns right now!! Parker didn't really see the need to go back to the best VBS he'd ever been to in his entire life. He was, after all, "totally kidding" when he said that!! Alex had ball practice tonight but insisted he go after it was over at 7:15. All these details to say that Alex and Parker went to VBS and had another great time!! VBS is so cool when you drop your kids off there!!

Meagan and Lexie are coming tomorrow and we are headed to The Rave to see their free movie. Should be exciting!!

Here's a cool link to a blog that tells about a group of people from our church who are in Mexico on a missions trip this week. If you haven't already seen this, go check it out and pray for these guys! We have some great friends on this trip!

No comments: