Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fashion Manifesto

My mom and I went shopping a couple of weeks ago at Grapevine Mills and made it a point to visit the Steve & Barry's store there. If you're not familiar with this place, it is a huge, warehouse-like store filled with t-shirts galore, many of them promoting various colleges and universities. They also have average, run-of-the-mill clothes - khakis, solid color t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. The prices are unusually cheap, which is why we normally stop in, but rarely do we buy. This time, however, we knew that they were carrying a new line of women's clothing designed by none other than Sarah Jessica Parker. My interest was piqued - great clothes at great prices. We went in and found the new brand and began to check it out. She did have some very cute stuff and the prices were indeed, quite nice!! I picked out a few things to try on and without boring you with all the details, I walked out of Steve & Barry's with a new outfit consisting of a white cotton shirt and a new pair of khaki pants. (I didn't know it at the time, but this pairing of white and khaki will probably be my new uniform for school this year!!) Fast forward to tonight when I pulled out my new uniform to iron it for my first day back at school tomorrow. As I cut off the tag from my shirt, I found this quote and it "hit me" almost like a well-timed Bible verse!! I found myself saying - that is so right, very true indeed. I just had to share - maybe you'll feel the same way. ("bitten" is the name of her brand)

Manifesto:
it is every woman's
inalienable right to have
a pulled-together,
stylish, confident wardrobe
with money left over to live.
get bitten
love,
sj

No comments: