Sunday, August 19, 2007

Life with only one

Alex, Parker, and Luke have gone to spend some time with my parents in what they are calling a "Back to School Bash." They took the three boys and Meagan and Lexie home with them after church today and will keep them until we go pick them up tomorrow night. That leaves us with just Landry. Going from four kids to just one is almost like having an out of body experience.

After church, instead of coming home, cooking, eating, doing dishes, putting baby to sleep, cleaning, laundering, and general house stuff, I went shopping!! A nice change of pace!! Emily was kind enough to take me pretty much anywhere and do anything - very fun!!

I came home to a pretty quiet house with Scott and Landry having a bowl of cereal!! We did a little yard work, took a bike ride, and then, thrill of all thrills, we decided to go to Walmart!!

On a Sunday night!!

During tax-free weekend!!

And because we like to live on the wild side, we ate a cheeseburger at the McDonalds in Walmart!! We didn't want to be hungry while we shopped - that's never a good idea!! Obviously, eating there is something we never would have done with all four boys! Now that I think about it, I rarely go into Walmart with all four boys!!

Anyway, it has been an unusual day - lots of fun but very different. I can't wait to see what kind of excitement pops up tomorrow when it's just me and Landry!!

No comments: