Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fresh Bread

Every once in a while, you come across something that you just feel compelled to share with the general population. Today is that day!! I got this in an email, so you know it is absolutely, 100% accurate because there is not anything untrue on the internet. Anyway, here's the amazing info you need to know: (direct quote!)


When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever wondered which is the freshest, so you "squeeze" for freshness or softness? Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day has a different color twist tie. They are:
Monday = Blue
Tuesday = Green
Thursday = Red
Friday = White
Saturday = Yellow
So if today was Thursday, you would want red twist tie; not white which is Fridays (almost a week old)! The colors go alphabetically by color Blue - Green - Red - White - Yellow, Monday through Saturday. Very easy to remember. I thought this was interesting. I looked in the grocery store and the bread wrappers DO have different twist ties, and even the ones with the plastic clips have different colors. You learn something new everyday! Enjoy fresh bread when you buy bread with the right color on the day you are shopping.

Now, isn't that life changing information? Never eat old bread again!! Now, I will admit, it is a little difficult to remember the colors and the days and which ones go with which when you're standing on the bread aisle and you see some of all the colors! And it might even take a little longer to choose your bread becuase you really can't remember and you don't want to get week-old bread. But, I'm sure after much practice and lots of fresh bread, it will come very naturally! So, enjoy your bread -- you can thank me later!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I had no idea!! I guess I'm out of luck though since I only buy bread on Wednesdays or Sundays!