Saturday, August 18, 2007

We're teaching the important stuff here!

While we've officially taken the summer off from school, there's always a lot of learning going on around here. Much of it isn't necessarily intentional but tonight I had the opportunity to teach a very valuable lesson to Luke. After he's already in bed, he gets back up out of bed and says, "I just have to ask you a quick question."

Me: OK - what is it?

Luke: You know when you say -
Eeeny, Meeny, Miney, Moe
Catch a tiger by his toe,
If he hollers,
Make him pay
Fifty dollars everyday
My momma told me to pick
The very best one
And you are NOT it,
Does that mean you're it or you're NOT it???

To which I reasonably reply, "You're not it!"
Satisfied, he runs back to bed and is now sound asleep!!

Now maybe you'll sleep better knowing the answer to that question and knowing that we are not afraid to tackle the big issues at this house!!

No comments: