Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Everyone is back in school!!

Today was the day that most of us, especially Luke, had been waiting for for a long, long time (well, at least a week!!). Luke and Landry returned to the halls of their preschool to meet new teachers and renew old friendships!! OK - that's stretching it just a bit! But since Alex and Parker got to go back to school last week, Luke has just been chomping at the bit to get back to his school. Once I finally convinced him that he was NOT going to Kindergarten at the ripe old age of 4, he began to look forward to returning to his school.

Last night, Luke wanted to lay out his clothes so he would be ready. He said, "Momma - I want to wear a nice shirt just like Alex does and I want to wear some nice shorts like Alex does, and I want to tuck my shirt in and wear a belt like Alex does."

And as my eyes welled up with tears, I said, "Son, you have no idea how happy you've made me!!"

Totally kiding about the crying part but he did look so cute and handsome, looking like the big boys. I know it won't last long since he doesn't have to wear the uniform, but I'll take it as long as I can get it!!

Landry got to wear a nice shirt because he doesn't really care what he wears and since everyone else could look nice, he could too! The color matching was just a bonus!!

I should have taken after-school pictures - Luke looked pretty much the same - still tucked in and everything! Landry, on the other hand, had wet his pants and had on a too-small tank top and shorts with no shoes! I put that outfit in his backpack hoping that he would never actually need to wear it! Oh well!!

All in all, it was a great start! Luke's bummed that he can't go tomorrow, but I'm sure he'll get over it!! Here they are looking so cute!!


No comments: