Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Haircuts, Superheroes, and Newpapers

Life has settled back into a fairly predictable routine around here. Thankfully!! Now that I'm trying to keep up with this blog, I find myself noticing things and taking pictures of things so that I can document them here. I'm hoping to remember the little things and special words/actions since the boys are growing up so fast.


Sunday morning, I was darting out the door for church with Alex and Landry. Parker and Luke were going to ride with Scott, so I hollered out to Parker to fix his and Luke's hair before they left. Parker loves to play "barber shop" and fix his hair in crazy ways, especially if gel is involved. And Luke will let Parker do anything to his hair that Parker has done to his own. Fast forward to lunch. We are all sitting at the table eating when I glance over at Luke and just happen to notice that his hair looks a little strange. His forehead seemed a lot taller than it had been just this morning!! It immediately became clear to me that his hair had been cut. After much discussion and investigation, Parker admitted that he was fixing Luke's hair that morning and had noticed that his hair was really uneven. And what better way to remedy that than with a little trim?? The problem was (and I'm sure you can see this coming!!) that when he cut a little off from this side, then he needed to cut a little more from that side, and again, and again!! The next thing you know, Luke's "bangs" are about 1/8 of an inch long!!! It really was not that noticeable unless you were looking for it. I did take a picture because it cracked me up that this was Parker's version of "even." It WAS uneven, but now it is even!! Notice the long hair right in the middle!!




Here's the barber himself taking a self-photo:



Superheroes are a common theme in this house and I forgot to get Luke's new lunch box in the pictures on the first day of school. It is too cool to not include here!! Here are Luke and Landry posing with the lunch box. Actually, it's not that great of a shot of it!!



Here's the back of it - it's so cool because the red part is the cape and it can actually "fly" away from the lunch box!! Super cute!!



And speaking of super cute, here's our smallest Superman!!

Finally, here are my paper boys!!

No comments: