Saturday, September 29, 2007

Home at last

Life is getting back to normal around here. Scott and the boys arrived back home safe and sound tonight. I thought I would do a quick post with maybe a couple of pictures, but when I began to upload all the pictures from the camera, it told me that there were 129 pictures.

So, let me just condense this post to a quick conversation I had with Luke while he was in the tub tonight. Many of you that know me know my only concern for this trip was the amount of control I was having to give up in order for the boys to go with Scott. I could not make them wear matching clothes everyday, I could not determine their activities, sugar intake, or monitor their teeth brushing and bath taking.

So you can imagine my shock when I calmly asked Luke (almost jokingly) if he had taken a bath while he was at Grandma's house. After much thinking, he said, "Yes - we did that once." I said, "You took ONE bath the whole week??" "No, we took one bath and one shower!!"

Great!!

I couldn't let it go, so I ask, "Did you brush your teeth?" To which he replies, "Oh yes - we did do that ONE DAY!!!"

Excellent!!

Though at this point, I'm really not that worried because I'm sure he's exaggerating.

So, I begin to unpack their things and pull out their little toiletry bag. When I pull out the new bottle of Johnsons & Johnsons body wash I had bought specifically for this trip, I noticed that not much has been used. When I flip up the lid, I am horrified to find that the seal has NOT even been broken!! My worst fears are coming true!!!


Of course, Scott assures me that they bathed regularly and brushed their teeth every night except for one night (that he can remember!!) What they washed with, I may never know!!!

All in all, it was a great trip. Scott says the boys were awesome and I think they really enjoyed the week!!

I'll try to post some of the 129 pictures tomorrow!!

No comments: