Wednesday, April 22, 2009

From someone who really doesn't like cats

Remember how I don't like cats??

Remember why we got two kitties last Fall?

Remember that when we got back from North Carolina over Christmas, we never saw our Pixie again??

Well, we decided to let Angel live on the wild side so she could have a "friend" again!!

Here's what she looked like a couple of days ago --


And here's how she looks today --



In case you're counting, there are 5 of them!! 2 gray, 2 striped like their momma, and one patchy one. These little guys/girls are so stinkin' cute!! And so small!! And did I mention that I really don't like cats??!!?

Everything happened without a hitch, exactly as we planned it (as though we could plan it!). She had them in the garage (we were afraid she would run off into the woods to have them) and she had them when we weren't here which was awesome!! After I read everything that cats do to their babies when they're born, I wasn't really sure I wanted the boys to see that! We knew she was getting ready to have them when we left for school so I called my neighbor and she checked on her during the day. She called me a few hours later to tell me she had had them and all was well!!

Pretty amazing when you think about it . . . go into labor at breakfast, have 5 babies and be good by lunch!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

That IS amazing! They do look very cute. And no, I still don't want one! :)

Kristy said...

The timing will be perfect Emily ... right as you're getting out of school!! :)

Remember ... low maintenance!!

deneise said...

i call one of the gray ones!!! well, if i can convince my sweet, sweet, good-looking, brilliant, unselfish husband!!

Jenny Chapman said...

ha, ha, CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

excuse me!