Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall fun on a Sunday afternoon

Today was the kind of day we've needed to have, but haven't had, for a very long time. After church, we had nothing that we HAD to do, but still had plenty of fun to fill up the day.

It started with an amazing lunch - grilled cheese sandwiches!! I usually make a "real" meal for Sunday lunch, but I really just didn't feel like it today. And besides, I have this new kitchen gadget/appliance/tool - a big ol' griddle!! I've always thought these were way too big and for people with really big families, but now I'm starting to think we qualify!! I've only had it for like 4 days and we've used it pretty much every day so far!! Today we used it for grilled cheese for lunch and pancakes for supper! How fun is that??! Much thanks to my great mom for this little gift!!


The afternoon held much laundry for me and football for the boys. The weather is just perfect right now and they are loving being outside!





Finally, we had a little cookie decorating fun tonight before bed. A very special friend of our family gave the boys a very cool cookie decorating kit. We've been waiting for just the right time to do it and today was the day!! They had so much fun with the icing and sprinkles and there was enough in it to have one more round before Halloween!! A great big thanks to our special friend for your kindness and for a fun, sweet treat!!













No comments: