Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sherry

I meant to post this yesterday, but I got lost in Parker's praying and forgot!!

Yesterday, I had the awesome privilege to hear my good friend, Sherry, speak to over 1300 students at our high school about a day that has changed her life forever. Her younger brother, Matthew, died six months ago on April 29th as a result of a lethal combination of drugs. While a part of her and her family died that day along with Matt, it has truly been amazing to observe, sometimes from a distance and sometimes from right in the heart of it, how Sherry has worked her way through this very difficult time, never wavering in her faith, always careful to give God the glory for everything. No one ever really knows how they are going to react to a sharp, unexpected turn in their lives. But if something like this ever happens to me, I would hope that I would be able to respond in a similar fashion. I know that God has been pleased with how His name has been honored in all of this, and I know Sherry has been amazed to see how God has worked through this.

Sherry - you make my life richer and fuller, always funner, and sometimes crazier!!! Thanks for being you and for being an awesome friend!!

No comments: