Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What should one eat when it is cold??

Some recipes lend themselves to cold weather. I find it interesting, though true, that some things simply taste better when it is cold and other things are more appealing when it is hot.

This post will display a couple of my favorite cold weather meals.

But first, a disclaimer: I think it is cheesy to post pictures of meals. While a blog I read semi-regularly does this very thing very regularly (post pictures of meals she's cooked), I do not put myself into the WOW-I'm-an-amazing-cook-so-please-care-what-I-cooked-for-dinner-tonight-club. In fact, I find it very interesting that taking a picture of food would cross my mind at all. This blog - it does funny things to a person!!

Anyway, here is what we have enjoyed the last two nights of cooler weather - both top-secret family recipes that you could never, in any way, duplicate!!


Eggs, bacon, and biscuits - the boys love it, I love it, it's all good!!


Now, I have to say that this is probably one of the most staged pictures I have ever taken in my life. This is vegetable soup and cornbread with a lovely picture of four great boys in the background!! If you asked three out of four boys if they liked vegetable soup, the answer would be an emphatic NO!! And one of them doesn't like cornbread! But if you make them wait to eat supper until after baseball practice at 7:00, they are all so incredibly hungry that they eat every bite without one complaint!! Amazing!!

Happy Fall!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

You crack me up!! Both of those meals look wonderful! Thanks for the suggestions!!

leiGh said...

vegetable soup is my ALL TIME favorite meal...i even craved it in the middle of the summer when i was pregnant with Glory! YUMMY!!!!!!