Thursday, October 11, 2007

God talk and happy birthdays

I've been struggling with what to put on the blog lately. Lots of little, insignificant events keep popping up, but nothing really of substance.

I couldn't really figure out how to do a whole post on how Luke is really trying hard to figure out how ice cubes grow - like on what kind of plant??

Or on how funny it struck me tonight as I watched in wonder in the Walmart parking lot at the little security car with the yellow blinking lights driven by a little old lady smoking a cigarette. She had her window down and while she drove around, she was pulling a cart into the "cart holder." It was a very interesting site indeed to see a car driving around with a cart going right along side of it as if by magic!! I thought maybe Walmart had decided to combine two jobs into one - security + cart gatherer-upper!!

But then on my way home, this song came on the radio and I thought that this was worth sharing. God has really revealed Himself to me lately in more ways than I can count. I just think it's so cool when you can stop long enough to realize that God has His hands all over your life. From the most mundane of events to the grand-scale major life changing situations, He is there and thankfully, HE is God - not me!! And though He doesn't always act in the way I would if I were in charge, I know He sees the big picture while I'm just seeing a little snapshot!

You Are Still God by Scott Krippayne

I've prayed but still don't have answers
At least none I'm able to see
I've tried to rest in not knowing
But not knowing's a hard place to be
But as I return to Your pages
The words breathe new life to my soul
I see You at work through the ages
And know that You're still in control

You are still God
You have created the land and the sea
May we applaud
And sing to the wonder of Your majesty
The wind will still blow
We won't always know
Why seasons of life are so hard
But You are still God

Help me have faith in the knowledge
That You're greater than what we go through
And when I reside in the valleys
Help me keep trusting in You
The how and the when You are moving
Were not meant for me to decide
Again and again You are proving
You're there at just the right time

You are still God
You have created the land and the sea
May we applaud
And sing to the wonder of Your majesty
The wind will still blow
We won't always know
Why seasons of life are so hard
But You are still God

And to wrap us this mixed up little post, I have to say Happy Birthday to my BigPa and Grandma. They've both had birthdays in the past few days and I can say with absolute certainty that my life would be dramatically different without them!! They are two of the most caring, generous, loving people on the planet and we all love you deeply!! Here they are holding baby Landry in the year 2005!! Yall haven't changed a bit!!



2 comments:

Emily said...

Apparently your trip to Walmart was just a touch more meaningful than mine! :) Good word!

Brandy said...

Just want to let you know that helps a lot! Yes, He is still God and he is definitely in control! Thanks!